Thursday, August 4, 2011

beginning photography

I took a digital SLR camera basics class yesterday at Houston Center for Photography. This is my first real try using anything other than "auto" on my new Nikon D3100.  The class was short - only two hours - and it was basically a quick overview of ISO, shutter speed and aperture.  The teacher was quite knowledgeable, but it would have been nice to get some actual shooting practice in.  I learn better when I'm doing and not just listening or reading.  Anyway, I figured I'd practice a little bit with some photos of my lunch today.

Delicious sushi? Don't mind if I do!

Check out my gorgeous wedding china and my brand new chopsticks :)

This was only half of the sushi... I didn't want to crowd the plate too much.
I bought the Dummies book for my camera, and I also bought one called "Better Photo Basics: The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Taking Photos Like the Pros" by Jim Miotke.  I definitely have a lot to learn, but I'm excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment