Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weekend recap

My sister Jillian flew into HOT HUMID Houston this past weekend for my husband Nathan's 30th birthday party.  We rented out the upstairs lounge of Benjy's in Rice Village and had some delicious sangria, wine and beer, along with some fantastic appetizers (including a mushroom/truffle oil pizza that was to die for).  I wish Jillie could be around more often, as she is one of my favorite people to hang out with.  The two of us get very silly sometimes and we're always making each other laugh.
<3 Sisters
That was all on Saturday night, but backtracking to Friday night was Nathan's actual birthday.  We had dinner at TQLA and then went straight downtown for his birthday surprise - a play at the Alley Theater!  We saw Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" and it was quite enjoyable.  That was the third play Nathan and I have seen at the Alley.  Someday I hope to have season tickets :)

Before Jillian flew back to LA on Sunday Nathan took us to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2... I pretty much cried the entire second half of the movie.  Jill and Nathan made fun of me, but I don't care... the books are so meaningful to me, and I think this was the best movie made of all of them.  I think it may be time for another reread in a few months though.  Last year I read the books out loud to Nathan in the evenings before bed.  I can't wait to do that with our kids someday :)

All in all, a pretty fantastic weekend.  And we've got another fun one coming up... tomorrow evening we fly to Albuquerque and will spend the night at my grandma's house before we drive up to Durango for a friend's wedding on Saturday.

Also, I'm SUPER excited for tomorrow.  My wedding is being blogged on Style Me Pretty!  This was my favorite blog when I was planning my wedding, and I still look at it pretty often for all the gorgeous details.  My wedding will be up on the Little Black Book page of their site at 1:15 EST.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment