Sunday, June 19, 2011

The skinny on "skinny"

Well, I didn't make it up in time to hop on the elliptical this morning.  I figured a bit more sleep would be more beneficial to me today since I've got a  13 hour work day.  I'm on sit time in Houston right now before my San Diego turn... just got myself a tall nonfat latte at Starbucks.  I used to always order "skinny" lattes, that is, a nonfat latte with a sugar-free syrup.  Lately I've been trying to ween myself off of artificial sweeteners.  I'm not going cold turkey, but I'm definitely trying to decrease my use.  There are so many studies that tie them to cancer, weight gain and other bad side effects, not to mention the fact that splenda (my artificial sweetener of choice for the past several years) is 600 times sweeter than sugar, so my taste buds aren't able to appreciate natural sugars as much.  This is just one of many small changes I'm trying to make to improve my overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment